Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 1 of the 30 Day Shred Challenge - Level 1

So, today I did Level 1 of my personalized version of the 30 Day Shred Challenge. Unless otherwise noted, I follow Natalie.

Circuit 1
Weight training: 30 seconds of pushups followed by 1 minute of squats combined with dumbbell presses using 5 lb weights, repeat - I am quite proud to say that I can do full pushups the entire time. This is of course, from my work on the One Hundred Pushups Challenge awhile back.
Cardio: 30 seconds of jumping jacks alternating with 30 seconds of skipping rope and repeat. I admit to going so hard core on the jumping jacks (after all - I've done Level 3 so this will be easy - not) that I overdid it and actually had to march in place for 5 seconds of the cardio section to recover.
Abs: 30 seconds of crunches and then 30 seconds of reverse crunches

Circuit 2
Weight training: 30 seconds of dumbbell rows using 8 lb weights followed by one minute of lunges with bicep curls (used 8 lbs on set 1 and 5 lbs on set 2 for biceps) and repeat
Cardio: 30 seconds of butt kicks followed by 30 seconds of punches and repeat
Abs: 1 minute of side crunches

Circuit 3
Weight training: 30 seconds of chest flies using 8 lb weights (I could use heavier ones for this but don't have any) followed by 1 minutes of side lunges with front raises using 5 lb weights (this one's a killer!) and repeat
Cardio: 30 seconds each of jumping jacks, punches, butt kicks and jump rope
Abs: 1 minute of bicycle crunches

No comments:

Post a Comment