Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 2 - Level 2

Today I did Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred. My armpits were totally feeling it from yesterday's workout. I find that Level 3 is overall easier on the upper body than Level 1 or 2, so that's why I'm feeling it more today. Confirms my decisions to switch up the levels every day.

I followed Natalie for the workout unless otherwise noted.

Level 2
Circuit 1
Strength: 30 seconds of walking pushups. I find this actually easier than constant pushups, so I modified it to make it harder (yes, I am officially insane). I walked out to the pushup position and then did 5 full pushups before walking back up, and repeat for 30 seconds. 1 minute of a static squat with front row using 5 lb weights. Repeat.
Cardio: 30 seconds of high knees followed by 30 seconds of squat thrusts (brutal!) and repeat.
Abs: crunch with one leg raise for 30 seconds, then switch legs for another 30 seconds

Circuit 2
Strength: 30 seconds of static lunge with medium grip row followed by 1 minute of pendulum lunges with hammer curls using 8 lb weights. Repeat using opposite leg and went down to 5lb weights on the hammer curls.
Cardio: 30 seconds each of oblique twists and then skaters and repeat.
Abs: with 5lb dumbells raised straight over head, extend legs fully and then lift them up and over to the side for 30 seconds. Then 30 seconds of double crunches (regular crunch and reverse crunch combined)

Circuit 3
Strength: 30 seconds of military press with leg extensions followed by 1 minute of chair squats with v-raise using 5 lb weights. Repeat. I admit to only being able to follow Anita on the v-raises, I just cannot raise my arms to eye level on this one.
Cardio: 30 seconds each of plank jacks and double jump rope. Repeat. I admit to only being able to do Anita's single jump rope on this today.
Abs: plank twists for 1 minute

Also - one benefit to trying to workout with small children around - I got a 1 minute break having to deal with "issues". LOL

Now that I have just barely stopped sweating, I'm going outside to mow the lawn!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'll be adding an extra "lawn-mowing workout" tomorrow, too! Fun stuff. Actually, I really like mowing lawn because it's like going for a really hard, long walk and I can do it whether hubby's home or not. I kinda sorta wish I had to mow lawn every day! Maybe I need to start doing just half of "my" part of the yard each time ~ that way I'd be doing 45 minutes at least 4 times a week. (the full portion I do with the push-mower takes about 90 minutes and I generally have to do it twice a week)

    ReplyDelete